Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
No. Simply purchase a Friday GA ticket.
We currently have a two for one offer to all of the ratepayers in the area! You should have received our rate payers promotion in your mailbox by now, so make sure to purchase your tickets before January 15th!
- You can only access the public areas NOT into stabling/camping areas. These spaces are for competitors and support crew only.
- Tickets for the VIP EVENTS (Hall of Fame Cocktail Party, International VIP Cross Country Champagne Lunch and Official After Party can be purchased from the gate or the iticket booth located at the Kenilworth Road entrance.
- All ticket holders to both the Hall Of Fame Cocktail Party and the Cross Country VIP Champagne Tent will be able to pick up their tickets from the iTicket booth situated off Kenilworth Road from Tuesday the 1st March. Due to so many people travelling up to the show early, this option ensures all guests have no issues with tickets for 2017!
PUBLIC PARKING – There is $5 parking at the polo grounds. Access via Bennett Rd. Note Elwood Rd will be closed from Karamu Rd end. You can secure your spot by prebuying your tickets here. Or you can buy them on the day at the entrance to the carpark.
There is also 700 Public Car park spaces available in the Kenilworth Road carpark – entrance at the end of Kenilworth Road. Please note that you can only buy your ticket for the Kenilworth Carpark on site and on the day. Tickets are $5.
- Please use the VIP / EXHIBITOR car park at the end of Kenilworth Road.
Food & Beverage
- You sure can but if you want to buy morning tea, lunch or snacks, you can do that at HOY too. There are a raft of fantastic food outlets around the show and a food-focused area near the grandstand too.
- Alcohol cannot be brought onto the grounds but you can purchase it from the fantastic new wine café where you can get great Hawke’s Bay wines from and The Nation’s Bar. Both are located right next to the Land Rover Premier Arena.
- Lots of lovely food is available bought. You can also eat in the Nations Bar and the Wine Cafe located right next to the Land Rover Premier Arena.
- The HOY Information kiosk is located behind the main grandstand. Please visit here for all your show information.
- If you have lost or found items please take them to the Information Kiosk.
- First aid is located at the Northern End of the Main Grandstand.
- Yes there are 2 money machines on site. They are located behind the main grandstand
- Yes, there are plenty of toilets throughout the grounds.
Yes, there is a parent’s room underneath the grandstand.
- The grandstand has ramps, so it is easy to get a prime viewing spot. The terrain around the main area of the show is also relatively flat and well prepared.
- Lots! Horses of all shapes and sizes and competitions from the thrilling and speedy mounted games to showjumping, dressage and more.
Yes the show is suitable for all ages.
- Yes, the grandstand is always nice and cool and offers great views, but there is also a new wine café that is right next to the Land Rover Premier Arena.
- Show programmes can be purchased for $21 from the Ticket Direct Booths at the entrance, or at the gate.
- There are a number of exhibitors selling a range of items. A full list can be found on the website under Trade Exhibitors.