VIP Events at HOY
There are a range of VIP events for everyone to enjoy at HOY. You can enjoy cocktails at our Hall of Fame event whilst you watch our next HOY superstar get inducted, or you can sit back with a glass of champagne whilst you watch the thrilling Cross Country. To top it all off you can end HOY on a high with our Official After Party!
HOY Hospitality Packages
If you are looking for food or catering ideas for your time at HOY then click the link below to see how you can feed you and your family during your time at HOY. There are many different options for you and your family or group of riders to enjoy during your time at the event. The following hospitality packages have something for everyone and cover a range of days at HOY.
Harney and Sons and Orton Tailored Cuisine presents Adriano Zumbo in a Dessert Degustation.
Join us for an afternoon of indulgent desserts and new york style tea with internationally acclaimed dessert chef Adriano Zumbo. The celebrated patissier and star of Zumbo’s Just Desserts, has designed a 5 course dessert degustation menu showcasing his unique flavour combinations, exciting textures and signature bold colours which will be created by Orton Tailored Cuisine and accompanied by Harney and Sons Fine Teas and champagne.
Zumbo will be present to share some of his secrets behind his award winning creations. Ticket includes:
- Access to VIP Lounge
- $79 per person (does not include GA entry to the show) or $105 per person for both GA ticket to showgrounds and Harney & Sons Dessert Degustation ticket.
- 5 course canape dessert degustation created by Adriano Zumbo and prepared by Orton Tailored Cuisine.
- All-inclusive beverage package including 1 glass of champagne, tea and coffee
- VIP parking
Saturday 11th March
4.30pm – 6.00pm
Friday Night Extravaganza “Fish n Chips” Package
Get the full Friday Night experience with ‘Fish & Chips’ and a complimentary beverage in the VIP lounge as you catch all the action in the Hastings, heart of Hawke’s Bay Friday Night Extravaganza. The perfect way to spend a Friday Night. Lounge opens from 5pm.
Tickets are $46 per Adult (including GA entry to the show) or $20 per person if you already have a GA ticket or rider / camping pass to the grounds. Ticket includes:
- Entry to VIP Lounge
- Fish & Chips from Orton Tailored Cuisine.
- 1 x Complimentary beer / wine or soft drink
- Full bar available until 9pm.
- Live TV screens
Friday 10th March
5:00pm – 9.00pm
Cape Kidnappers Hall of Fame Cocktail Party
Thursday 9th March 2017 5.30pm – 9.30pm
The Hall of Fame Cocktail Function is the most prestigious event at Horse of the Year. It is a celebration of all things equestrian and an opportunity to recognise those who have excelled or made significant contributions to the sport of equestrian. Attended by some of New Zealand’s most recognisable equestrian personalities and Horse of the Year alumni, it is a night not to be missed. This year the HOF event is a new chic cocktail function style event, with the best high-class canapes served by Orton Tailored Cusine. Come dressed to impress as the formalities kick off at 6.20pm.
- $75 per person
- All-inclusive beverage package
- Elegant hors d’oeuvres from Orton Tailored Cusine
- Announcement of Hall of Fame Inductee and Volunteer of the Year
Woodford House Cross Country Champagne Brunch
Saturday 11th March
8.30am – 12.00pm
Watch the exciting Cross Country phase of the eventing competition in the International Cross Country VIP Champagne brunch. Situated in the premier arena you will have front row seats to the heart stopping action as each horse as it makes its way through the challenging section of the course.
- VIP Lounge
- $55 per person (including GA entry to the show) or $35 per person if you already have a GA ticket or rider/camping pass to the grounds
- All-inclusive beverage package – including a glass of champagne, tea and coffee
- Elegant buffet style breakfast menu from Orton Tailored Cusine
- VIP parking
- Complimentary programme on arrival.
Official After Party
In 2016 Jupiter Project rocked the house at the hugely successful HOY After Party to an exclusive crowd of just 750! The headliner for HOY 2017 is yet to be announced but stay tuned so you can get your tickets before they sell out!
This event is for riders, friends, family members and the local public to come together and celebrate the final night of the Horse of the Year show 2017. Please note that this is an R18 event.
Early Bird Tickets: $20.00
Door Sales: $25.00